Friday, March 20, 2009

Daily Candy

I just received my Daily Candy e-mail and I am in complete awe right now. French 75's are my favorite drink in the entire world. Lavender is my favorite seasoning for food/drink (well, currently); Daily Candy completely blew my mind just now with a new restaurant that is opening and has this cocktail:

Boisson: cocktails include the Lavender French 75 and the Dark & Foggy.

OH MY GOSH! If I have found a replacement for my favorite drink in the world (The Violet Hour: Citadelle Gin, Parfait Amour, vermouth, with a candied lavender on the bottom) I may keel over and convulse on the floor upon sucking this baby back!

I am going to get a Neuromuscular Massage tomorrow...I am interested to see how this goes. I'm kind of disturbed that I'm lying in bed, NOT getting ready for work right now (wearing a white tank and white skivvies, who do I think I am a larger version of Nicole Kidman in Eyes Wide Shut?) and paying bills. I guess it's definitely a Friday. BUT for lunch (I'm already excited about it, as you can tell) I am going to try the Guinness Shake that I've always felt too guilty to eat, but it's the week of St. Patrick's Day so why not! This things is mind boggling: Guinness Stout, Chocolate Ice Cream, and Espresso Milkshake. BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH. I KNOW, MY REACTION WAS TOTALLY THIS WHEN I HEARD ABOUT IT TOO:


Photobucket



I took this picture with my computer on the ride out to Sacramento, look how beautiful it is:


Photobucket
That white layer is mist, I was lucky enough to wake up in darkness and watch the sun rise, it was really amazing because the only times I do that it's usually after not sleeping the entire night and I am inchoate.

Well, today I am completely and totally thankful for my job and that they are flexible with scheduling (seriously, I've never worked at a place that is so forgiving about inconsistency with the times people come in)! 

OH FRIDAY I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. haha, i was thinking the same thing...but im justa big drama queen so whatever. How is gnarcal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, looooove it here. I miss a lot of people down South but I feel like I'm home here. I absolutely love Oakland too, such an amazing city, easy to bike around (I sold my car before I moved), lots of fun places to visit, interesting venues, incredibly delicious restaurants, and plenty of characters to keep me entertained. How's your side of the country?

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh...dont get me wrong, I love DC--the metropolitan life, mass transit, the bars, the food, the parks--but the people (for the most part) are fucktards. They are either super up tight capitol hill/business people or think they are super avant garde...but its DC so you can wear seersucker and be avant garde.

    Hey Jack lives in san fran with his uncle and his partner...you should blindfold him and drop him off in the middle of oakland and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma told me he was living here, maybe I could continue my pursuit of friendship (if you recall that era) with him. Oh my gosh, that is comedy imagining him walloping around Oaktown in sheer distress of the superfluous amounts of crackheads yelling for no reason...that is comedy too.

    Seersucker=Don Johnson, eek! Frat boy graduates galore. I'd throw a can of paint on those suits over fur any day.

    Anyway, come to Oakland, I promise a fantastic trip and I love having guests in our (humble) apartment. Seriously...consider it!

    ReplyDelete