Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mondo Cane

"Man is the only living being that comes into the world crying. Obstetricians say that crying helps breathing, it gets the lungs started. But we have a different opinion; we think that babies express their disappointments from having landed on this dog’s world. If it’s a boy, and handsome he may end up in a mess like Rossano Brazzi when he enters an American store to buy a shirt. But if it’s a girl, she may happen to be locked up until she gains those 120 kilos that, in her country, are barely sufficient to help her find a husband. But if she wants to marry a man from our areas, she needs to get back in shape by means of those tortures that lead the famous Lithuanian ethnologist Maria Elisabeta Kunkala to say: 'Holy knife, turn my heart to rust and make me die. God joined my hands and before they belong to another, with my very hands, I will stab my heart.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment